The NiCad Battery Spill Kit is designed for the clean-up, containment and neutralisation of NiCad batteries. Some chemicals are very hazardous and consequently require neutralising, thus rendering non - hazardous, before any attempt is made to clean up. NiCad batteries are alkaline therefore a standard Battery Acid Spill Kit would not be effective in neutralising.
- Contains 5 x 0.9kg cartons of Alkali Neutraliser
- Each spill kit will safely neutralise 8 Litres of 22% - 30 % solution of potassium hydroxide
Nickel-Cadmium can pose a serious safety and health threat as well as being an environmental risk. Ni–Cad batteries contain between 6% (for industrial batteries) and 18% (for consumer batteries) cadmium, which is a toxic heavy metal and therefore requires special care during handling and disposal.
Taking a precautionary measure by keeping a NiCad battery acid spill kit on site can help protect employers, employees and the health of the environment.
Benefits of the NiCad Battery Spillkit:
- Neutralise before clean up
- Easy to use safely - Obvious colour change on application indicates effective neutralisation
- Return work area to workable condition quickly - Decontaminate and clean up in one step
- Reduce hazardous waste - After neutralisation any residues are environmentally benign and can be flushed into the foul water system
- Additional Information
SKU NICAD Application Battery Acid Spills Contents Alkali Neutralizer (5 x 1kg), 2 sock, 4 pads, Goggles, Gloves, Pan & Brush, Disposal Bags and Ties, Litmus paper, Instructions Free Shipping Yes Next Day Delivery Available (£30.00) Shipping Method Standard 3 Working Days
Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)
This product has no reviews yet.
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!