Our Spill Response Training Course has been accredited by OCR (Oxford, Cambridge & RSA). This accreditation process ensures that our courses qualify for the BSIF Quality Mark for Organisations Providing Training by meeting a pre determined minimum standard.
Key learning objectives are to provide first responders with:
- The know-how, confidence and ability required to safely manage a modest spill involving a known substance.
- An awareness of the potential risks associated with liquid spills
- Ideas and actions that could be adopted to help mitigate spillages
- An understanding of the safe and effective use of spill control resources
- Techniques to recover or limit the escape of spilt liquids into the environment
Course Topics Include:
- Legislation and penalties
- Environmental and Health & Safety threats and impacts from spillages
- Storage, handling and transportation of liquids around site
- Sorbent products, formats, types and uses
- Key elements of spillage response
- Practical spill simulation exercise
- Spill analysis debrief
- Delegate qualifying test (optional)
A spill awareness, prevention and control video is also used to support the programme.
Training takes place at the client's site. Each session is designed to accomodate up to 12 delegates and lasts for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.
Free Spill Hazard Site Assessment
Training is preceded by a free spill hazard site assessment. This provides us with the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with:
- The main function, purpose and layout of your site
- Relevant activities
- Typical liquid types in use and volumes
- Current level of preparedness to deal with a spillage
- Compliance with current spill related regulations
These findings will also be incorporated in to the training session
A written report follows our visit and where necessary, will include recommendations and suggestions for practical, sensible improvements or highlight any non-compliance. This is provided free of charge and ensures that our training is always relevant to both the site and its activities (note; this is only applicable if we have not already carried out a site visit).
- Additional Information
Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)
This product has no reviews yet.
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!